OFFICIAL DRESS UNIFORM AND REGALIA
Section 38. Official Dress Uniform.
1. The official dress for the Fourth Degree shall be:
1. Navy Blue Blazer with Fourth Degree Emblem Blazer Crest
2. Knights of Columbus Emblem of the Order buttons
3. Official Fourth Degree Gray trousers (no cuffs)
4. Official Fourth Degree Necktie
5. Official Fourth Degree Black Beret with Fourth Degree metal badge over appropriate colored patch of the office, as described in Section 38(c)
6. Plain White Dress Shirt – Button cuff (no French cuffs – no button down collar shirts)
7. Black Socks and Plain Black Shoes
8. Official Fourth Degree Lapel Pin (#PG-113)
9. Incumbent Medal of Office
10. Past and Former Miniature Medals above left pocket
2. A member serving in the armed forces of his country, fulltime police and firefighters shall be considered in proper attire when dressed in a Class A or dress uniform.
3. The colored patches to be used are as follows:
1. Supreme Master–Dark Blue Patch on his beret.(Pantone # 19-4035 TC.)
2. Vice Supreme Master–Light Blue Patch on his beret. (Pantone # 14-4313 TC.)
3. District Master–Gold Patch on his beret. (Pantone # 13-0941 TC.)
4. Faithful Navigator–White Patch on his beret. (Pantone # 11-0601 TC.)
5. District Marshal–Green Patch on his beret. (Pantone # 18-5315 TC.)
6. Assembly Commander–Purple Patch on his beret. (Pantone # 19-3542 TC.)
4. The colors worn by the Supreme Master, Vice Supreme Masters, Masters and Faithful Navigators may continue to be worn by such officers following their completion of service in that office, for life. This does not apply to Assembly Color Corps Commanders and District Marshals when they complete a term.
5. These colors shall be mandatory June 10, 2017.
Dress for Exemplification - Section 39
1. For a candidate: black or dark (blue or grey) business suit with black shoes, plain white dress shirt as described above, necktie, and candidate identification.
2. For a candidate serving in the armed forces of his country, fulltime police and firefighters: a Class A or dress uniform.
3. The social baldric, presented at the exemplification. should only be worn at functions when the Fourth Degree member is dressed in a business suit or tuxedo. The social baldric is not worn with the official dress uniform.
4. For honor guard: official dress uniform as set forth in section 38.
Dress for Exemplification - Section 40
6. The official regalia when serving in a Color Corps (Honor Guard or Color Guard) is the same as the official dress uniform of a member, with the following additions:
1. Service baldric worn over the coat, from right shoulder to left hip; and Silver sword.
2. The Supreme Master, Vice Supreme Masters, Masters and former such officers only shall be permitted to bear the gold sword;
3. White gloves.
Color Corp - Section 41
The Establishment of:
1. Assembly may henceforth establish a uniform drill corps with the approval of the Master of the District and such unit shall be known as "Fourth Degree Color Corps of Msgr George Lewis Smith Assembly."
2. A Color Corps may participate in exemplifications, religious and public functions only with the consent of the Master. The Master shall have full control of the Color Corps in his district, except as hereinafter provided and shall be held strictly accountable for such unit.
3. The Faithful Navigator shall appoint a Commander of the Color Corps for his Assembly. One and only one Commander shall be appointed.
Procedure and Manual of the Sword - Section 42
The procedure and Manual of the Sword shall be in accordance with the “Color Corps Drill Manual.” In the absence of such directive the District Master has full control provided, however, that he first receives approval of such procedure from the Supreme Master.
Reference is made in this section to "visual commands" Due to the necessity for silence, particularly during a drill participation in church, silent "cues" must be used by the drill commander to instruct members and to give commands.
When a Fourth Degree member attends an official function of the Order where Fourth Degree dress is required, he may wear the jewel of his office around his neck, be it Fourth Degree or Third Degree, together with the Social Baldric.